21 Blue featuring Longineu Parsons and Ted Shumate
North Central Florida Blues Society Presents! at High Dive
IN-PERSON (VERY LIMITED) + LIVE STREAMING BLUES SHOW! Sunday, August 22nd at High Dive! Starting at 5:30PM!
Come watch it with us or watch from home at HighDiveGville.VEEPS.com
Sunday, August 22nd
North Central FL Blues Society Presents!21 Blue featuring Longineu Parsons and Ted Shumate
Sheba the Mississippi Queen & the Bluesmen
Doors 5:30PM / Live Stream 5:45PM / Show 6PM
In-person tickets: General Admission $25 / NCFBS Members $15
Live stream available on a “Pay What You Want” sliding scale. Great NCFBS gifts at higher price levels.
There will be opportunities to tip inside the stream as well.
LIVE Stream + On-Demand Available at https://highdivegville.veeps.com/
21 Blue delivers Blues for the 21st century, featuring Longineu Parsons, Ted Shumate, Lawrence Buckner, Robert Griffin and L.P. From Louis Armstrong, Howlin' Wolf, Miles Davis, and Jimi Hendrix, 21 Blue brings authentic low down & dirty Blues to the 21st century and beyond and meld contemporary Blues and Jazz into a rhythmic mixture that is truly unique and amazing.
Dr. Longineu Parsons is Professor of Music at Florida A&M University and is President of Tribal Disorder Records. Growing up in Jacksonville, Florida, Parsons instinctively plays the Blues as a native language. Longineu has performed and recorded with an impressive list of music greats including Nat Adderley, Cab Calloway, Frank Foster, Billy Harper, Philly Joe Jones, Herbie Mann, David Murray, Sam Rivers, Cecil Taylor, Joe Williams, Nancy Wilson, and others. Guitarist Ted Shumate was born in Meridian, Mississippi, and has played/recorded with: Nat Adderley, Ira Sullivan, Kenny Drew Jr., Joey Barron, Peter Erskine, Branford Marsalis, Al DiMeola, Gumbi Ortiz, Longineu Parsons, Wynton Marsalis and many others.
“The material they chose … mirrors the eclectic nature of the project, from Howlin’ Wolf to Hendrix to soul jazz. They paint a picture using every shade of blue, with their technical skill deftly applying the brushstrokes. I don’t know when I have had so much talent at work in our studios. It was a thrill for me just to be in the control room holding my breath as they walked the musical tightrope between the various genres. I know it will be equally thrilling for you...Spring water flows strong and pure. Drink your fill.”
Bob Greenlee – President, King Snake Records
Sheba the Mississippi Queen & the Bluesman were International Blues Challenge semifinalists. Sheba’s influences are Billy Holiday, Etta James, Tina Turner, Aretha, and Big Mama Thornton, and she has performed at Springing the Blues, the Coral Gables Blues Festival, and the Long Island Blues Festival. The band includes top musicians steeped in the Blues that have played alongside Bo Diddley and other greats.
• 18 or over, unless accompanied by parent or legal guardian.
• NO SMOKING inside the venue.
• Smoking allowed outside in the Beer Garden!
• $3 under 21 fee charged at the door.
• All ticket sales are Non-Refundable unless the show is cancelled.
———————————-COVID SAFETY GUIDELINES
• Temperature checks at the door. 99.4 is our limit. Those who exceed the max temp will be given a credit to a future show.
• Capacity will be limited to about 20%, fully seated and distanced in a checkerboard pattern with groups of 2, 3, and 4 seats. Single attendees sit on the bleachers.
• Masks will be required inside at ALL TIMES. You may only remove them if you are seated outside in the Beer Garden
• Drinking and eating will only be allowed OUTSIDE in the Beer Garden so there is absolutely no reason to remove your mask inside! The show will be viewable from outside via TV and stereo relay.
• Standing / dancing will be permitted inside but only if standing directly in front of your seat or going to the bathroom. No roaming except for bathroom.
• Online only advance ticket sales are highly preferred to minimize contact. Contactless or cash purchase at the door while supplies last.
• An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By entering High Dive, patrons voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Thank you for supporting our efforts to be safe and creative in order to bring your the best entertainment Gainesville has to offer.