Andrew Marlin (of Mandolin Orange) - with Jordan Tice
Planet Bluegrass Ranch
Songwriter and mandolinist Andrew Marlin of the acclaimed folk duo Mandolin Orange — who've "redefined roots music for a younger generation" (Washington Post) — has released a pair of solo instrumental albums in 2021 that emerge from the solitude of COVID lockdown with emotive melodies and impeccable arrangements. Both albums — Witching Hour and Fable & Fire — serve as showcases for Marlin’s casual musical mastery and his sophisticated ability to summon a wide breadth of emotion from his instrument.
On his 5th record, singer-songwriter/guitarist, Jordan Tice breaks it down to just his voice and acoustic guitar. He combines witty musings on life, relationships, and time with his deft finger-picking acoustic guitar skills for a fresh take on a classic medium. Produced by Kenneth Pattengale (of The Milk Carton Kids), Motivational Speakeasy contains evidence of a variety of influences. From the classic Mississippi John Hurt style melodic blues of "Matter of Time" and "Goin on Down", to the dissonant Tom Waits-like shuffle of "Creation's Done" to the philosophical early Dylanesque chatter of "Walkin'" and "Where I'm At", Tice spins his influences into a variety of highly personal, well-crafted songs. In addition, the album contains 3 instrumental tracks where Tice showcases his narrative guitar-playing and composing with performances that range from British Isles inspired whistlefulness ("Stratford Waltz") to quirky ragtime ("Bachelorette Party", "Ghost Story"). Folk fans might recognize Jordan Tice as a member of the instrumental bluegrass supergroup, Hawktail as well as his sideman work with many other artists in the folk/bluegrass genre.Doors: 5:00pm Show: 6:00pm
Only one add-on of 2 people can be added to a corral for a total of 6 people per corral. Maximum purchase = 2 corrals
The venue is outdoors and the show will take place rain or shine or snow. Please dress accordingly!
*No refunds* unless you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. Please stay home if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19. If this applies to you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 SAFETY RULES –
1. Masks are required for entry into the venue.
2. Masks must be worn at all times unless a patron is inside their “corral”.
3. People who don’t share a household or exposure group are required to maintain a minimum of 6’ of space between each other at all times.
4. DO NOT come to this event if you are feeling sick, have a fever, or have been exposed to anyone who is confirmed or presumed to be COVID-19 positive within the last 14 days.
5. Disposable gloves and personal hand sanitizer are recommended.
6. No more than 4 people from the same household or exposure group are allowed in a “corral”.
7. Staff and artists must have their temperature checked and recorded daily.
8. Patrons must remain in the “corral” at all times unless they are visiting the restrooms.
9. Planet Bluegrass reserves the right to remove anyone from the property for not adhering to these rules.*All attendees will need a ticket* Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 restrictions, we have to suspend our normal policy of kids twelve years old and under being free.
*No outside alcohol allowed* You are welcome to bring food/non-alcoholic beverages/coolers. Alcohol and food will be available to purchase via a cash-free app that can be downloaded upon arrival. Your order will be delivered to your corral.
*You will only receive one ticket good for four(4) attendees* We encourage your group of four to arrive at the show together. If that is not possible, you will be able to leave names of the late arrivals at Will Call.
Andrew Marin / Jordan Tice