Brainstory, Friends of Sounds Records
Paper Tiger , Small Room
San Antonio, TX
Doors: 7:00PM | Show: 8:00PM
After years of grinding as a sideman in the Finnish music scene, Bobby Oroza has stepped up to make his voice heard. Always with an air of crude romanticism, Bobby pushes towards an expression transcending the borders of soul and rock balladry. His dark and intimate debut single ”This Love” didn’t take long to reach the ears and hearts of a worldwide soul music community and is already a proper classic amongst the lowrider and soul collector scenes.
Bobby was born in Helsinki, Finland into a family of musicians and artists. During frequent family parties Bobby´s Bolivian grandfather would pick up a guitar and sing Latin canciones and Cuban classics. Bobby´s mother is a singer and his father a gypsy-style jazz guitarist. All his siblings work in show business and music. As a kid, Bobby was lucky to grow up surrounded by his parents’ record collection which included early jazz and blues, Motown hits, gospel ensembles, and doo-wop groups like The Drifters and The Clovers. The Soul records were balanced out by Brazilian ones, African ones, his mother’s collection of North and South American folk songs, and Nuyorican Salsa albums. All of these influences show up in Bobby’s music.
Bobby started working professionally as a musician in his early teens. His main instruments are guitar and percussion. Before finishing high school Bobby decided he needed to experience the rhythmic source that had inspired him the most, and travelled to Santiago, Cuba. There he studied percussion and singing intensively for months. Since his return he’s been producing, recording and performing music to make a living for his family. Teaming up with the Timmion Records house band Cold Diamond & Mink, led by Jukka Sarapää, Sami Kantelinen, and guitarist/composer Seppo Salmi, he has a tight quartet of musicians to support his vision. With his instant classic, debut album “This Love” Oroza has shared his strange and unique shade of Soul with the world, creating a cult-like following for his sound from Finland to sunny Southern California and beyond.
RESOUND PRESENTS OFFICIAL COVID-19 POLICY:
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result will be required to attend all Resound shows. The negative test result must be obtained within 72 hours (3 days) of the event.
- Patrons who are fully vaccinated may show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination instead of proof of negative test. A person is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after the second shot of Pfizer / Moderna or single shot of J&J.
- We are also requiring masks to be worn indoors at all venues, and when not eating or drinking.
Please note that vaccination is not required to attend Resoundshows. Upon entry to the venue for each show you are required to present:
• A negative COVID-19 PCR test result obtained within 72 hours (3 days) of the event
• Your vaccine card
• A clear and legible photocopy of your vaccine card
• Photo of your vaccine card on your phone
• A digital vaccine passport or record
We also ask that you not attend any event if any of the following is true for you or anyone in your party:
- Within 14 days before attending the event you have tested positive, or been exposed to someone who has tested positive for, COVID-19;
- Within 48 hours prior to attending the event, you have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., a fever of 100.4F or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking muscle pain/achiness, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Within 14 days prior to attending the event, you have travelled to any international territory identified by federal or applicable state or local governments as being subject to travel or quarantine advisories due to COVID-19.
If you have questions about the COVID-19 vaccines or need resources to find a vaccination location near you, please visit www.vaccinefinder.org.