DAVID BOWIE Glitter Glam Spectacular [LATE NITE] @OEJ NoLA
Boom Boom Room, BooM BooM RooM Presents at ONE EYED JACKS
- Restrictions: 18 & over
- Sunday, April 28th 2019
@ One Eyed Jacks - NoLA
- LATE NIGHT SHOW
[12:30AM - 6:00AM]
- ***** Dress in your wigs, costumes, spandex, glitter face paint and your 1970's era "Starman" and "Ziggy" scene's best, as you will be transported back in time and into the freaky, intergalactic world of the "Sacred Silversexual", David Bowie. ***** "
- Ohhh... WHAM! BAM! THANK YOU M'AM!
- WATCH THE PROMO VIDEO
Boom Boom Room Presents
*** DAVID BOWIE ~ GLITTER GLAM SPECTACULAR ***
THE FIRST CHURCH OF THE SACRED SILVERSEXUAL
(~The world’s only Bowie Worship Band ~)
‘The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars’
"Everyone had their lyric pamphlets in hand, glitter layered on, and were sure to join in the many “wham bam, thank you ma’am!”s proclaimed between each epic musical moment. It was pure, ridiculous fun." (SFBG, 2/28/12)
Join together in celebration:
Reverent Father Lysol Tony-Romeo
and First Church of the Sacred Silversexual, San Francisco
David Bowie Glitter Glam Spectacular!
It has been 3 years since His Bowieness forever abandoned corporeal form and became Pure Stardust. We honor his Legacy with a full Night of Bowie Worship!
* MAJOR TOM * (Michael Carney) - Singer (GoldMinor, Dragland)
* FOXE FATALE * (Whitney Moses) - Singer (Midtown Social)
* HAZY D. RANGED * (Adam Dragland) - Guitar,Vcls (GoldMinor, Kat Robichaud's MisfitCabaret)
* CHRIS JONES * - Guitarist (Scary Little Friends)
* RUDI MOONSHINE * (Tim Baker) - Bassist (Bad Jones)
* THE STARDUST STRANGER * (Charlie Knote) - Guitar (Scary Little Friends, Dragland)
* BLAM BLAM * (Brendan Getzell) - Keyboard, vcls (Kat Robichaud's MisfitCabaret)
* GOLDEN MOONBOY MESSIAH * (Eli Maliwan) - Sax (Suenos, Kat Robichaud's MisfitCabaret)
The First Church of the Sacred Silversexual is the World's Only David Bowie-based religion. Led by Reverent Father Lysol Tony-Romeo and a 8-piece Worship Band, they hold church services where Ziggy is the focal point, not Jesus, so they play Bowie songs. No true tribute to the Thin White Duke would be complete with a big fuck-all stage show, so the Silversexuals are joined by a cast of burlesque performers and drag queens as they build a theatrical spectacle on top of the timeless classics and endless B-sides of Bowie's impossibly long career.
The First Church debuted in 2011, drawing 225 people to their first show. In 2013 they won a SF Bay Guardian Best of the Bay Editors' Pick for Best Bawdy Bowie Worship. For the past 5 years they've sold out annual Bowie Birthday shows at The Chapel in SF. Having grown into an SF institution for its reputation as a unique, "only in San Francisco" experience, the Silversexuals have made pilgrimages to Seattle, Portland and Los Angeles, but this is the first time they're bringing their message that "Bowie Loves You" east of the Mississippi!
THE DRAG QUEENS:
But that's not all! A proper religious tribute to Bowie wouldn't be complete without a Big Spectacular Stage Show, and we've got that and more! We will be welcoming some of SF & NEW ORLEANS' favorite drag queens and burlesque stars to the stage as the Spirit of Ziggy flows throughout the performance!
* TITIBABY * - she sings live and rips it up every single damn time. M.e. Riley (NOLA)
* VERSULA BOTTOMS * - Gorgeous, Sensuos, Sickening Casey Coleman Fleming (NOLA)
* ANALIA XO * - Bad Assed (Elmer Hernandez) (NOLA)
* LASH WEDNESDAY * - Live or Lipsync and Adorable (Jessa Fallon) (NOLA)
* SIREN * - (Tyler Cross) (NOLA)
* DICK JONES BURLY * Dick Jones Burly (NOLA)
* XENA ZEIT-GEIST * Xena Zeit-Geist (NOLA)
* KITTY VON QUIM * Kitty Von Quim (Austin)!
* ANNALYN BOND * Annalyn Bond (Bay Area)
* ANDI STARDUST * Andi Stardust (Bay Area)
* ROXANNE REDMEAT * (Jessica Finn) (Bay Area)
* OPHELIA COUER de NOIR * Ophelia Coeur de Noir (Bay Area)
Don’t Miss This! It’s Truly an embodiment of the Bowie Experience and the best Bowie Worship next to seeing Bowie in concert!
THIS SHOW is EPIC!Boom Boom Room Presents *DAVID BOWIE 'GLITTER GLAM' SPECTACULAR *, featuring THE FIRST CHURCH OF THE SACRED SILVERSEXUAL (The world's only Bowie Worship Band), on Sunday night, April 28th 2019 in New Orleans.
This is a Late Night show at One Eyed Jacks in New Orleans, that starts at 11:59pm and goes until dawn at 6:00am. The band will be performing Bowie's seminal album, 'The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars' (from cover to cover, front to back). This is the greatest David Bowie tribute experience you will ever witness. Along with this exceptional band of star musicians and singers, the "Glitter Glam Spectacular" has an outrageous stage show of drag queens and burlesque performers. Replete with stellar props, crazy costumery, glittery make-up and animal instincts, the drag queens and burlesque performers add a simply outrageous, avant garde (and, yes... naked, fleshy bits are everywhere), glam rock, "no holds barred" sexy, cosmic interprative theatre circus element to this spectacle of a spectacular show.
***** Dress in your wigs, costumes, spandex, glitter face paint and your 1970's era "Starman" and "Ziggy" scene's best, as you will be transported back in time and into the freaky, intergalactic world of the "Sacred Silversexual", David Bowie. *****
"Ohhh... WHAM! BAM! THANK YOU M'AM!"
The First Church of the Sacred Silversexual / Reverent Father Lysol Tony-Romeo
DJ Logic / Tittibaby / Versula Bottoms / Analia XO / Lash Wednesday / Kitty Von Quim / Annalyn Bond / Andi Stardust / Roxanne Redmeat / Ophelia Cour de Noir / Major Tom / Michael Carney / FOXE FATALE / Whitney Moses / HAZY D. RANGED / Adam Dragland / Chris Jones / RUDI MOONSHINE / Tim Baker / THE STARDUST STRANGER / Charlie Knote / BLAM BLAM / Brendan Getzell / GOLDEN MOONBOY MESSIAH / Eli Maliwan / Siren / Tyler Cross / DICK JONES BURLY / XENA ZEIT-GEIST