Ardmore Music Hall
Doors: 7:15PM | Show: 8:00PM
COVID-19 SAFETY POLICY (Updated 12/15/2021
- This show requires either proof of Full COVID-19 Vaccination or a Negative COVID-19 Test administered and timestamped within 72 hours of showtime, along with a matching, valid photo ID for all guests, including patrons, staff and, artists.
- CLICK HERE for our full COVID-19 policy, FAQ, and ticket disclaimer
WXPN Welcomes Langhorne Slim at Ardmore Music Hall
Friday, March 25, 2022
Seated Doors: 6:45 PM | GA Doors: 7:15 PM | Show: 8:00 PM
About The Show:
- Venue Map (GA & Seated Sections)
- Food & Drink Menus (curated by Ripplewood)
- Venue FAQ | Contact Info
- 21+ Unless with a Parent or Legal Guardian
- Check out our current COVID-19 Policy. Subject to change.
About Langhorne Slim
Langhorne Slim didn’t write a song for more than a year. A battle with clinical anxiety disorder and prescription drug abuse, which came to a head in 2019, had dimmed the light within. The man who once seemed to ooze spontaneity was now creatively adrift, stumbling along in the fog. Knowing he was struggling to write songs and make sense of it all, Slim was finally able to flesh out a throwaway ditty one afternoon. His close friend Mike then suggested he try penning a song a day. Slim didn’t like the idea, but he gave it a shot.
To his surprise, the songs came. In a flurry of stream-of-consciousness writing, the new tunes tumbled out, one after another, like little starbursts of joy, gifts from the gods you might say. Slim was tuning out the noise and finding beauty in the madness of a world coming undone. Over the course of a couple of months from March to May 2020, Slim penned more than twenty that were certified keepers. These songs make up his new album, Strawberry Mansion, which is being released this winter on Dualtone Records.
The road to Strawberry Mansion, which was recorded at Daylight Sound in Nashville with longtime compadres Paul DeFigilia (Avett Brothers) and Mat Davidson (Twain), began in 2019 with Slim’s decision to get sober. That experience and his ongoing recovery program have given him a framework for grappling with the personal demons that have always skulked in the shadows and helped him find light in the void.