Little Jake & the Soul Searchers Revue
North Central Florida Blues Society Presents! at High Dive
IN-PERSON + LIVE STREAMING BLUES SHOW! Sunday July 25th at High Dive!
Come watch it with us or watch from home at HighDiveGville.VEEPS.com
North Central Florida Blues Society Presents!Sunday, July 25
Little Jake & the Soul Searchers Revue featuring Frankie Gearing and Sarasota SlimDoors: 5:30PM / Show 6:00PM
Limited indoor capacity seating
In person tickets: $25 General Admission/ $15 NCFBS Members
$15 Beer Garden Tickets
Live stream available on a “Pay What You Want” sliding scale. Great NCFBS gifts at higher price levels.
There will be opportunities to tip inside the stream as well.
LIVE Stream + On-Demand Available at https://highdivegville.veeps.com/
The North Central Florida Blues Society is proud to present to you, for the first time in 2021 – live music from Little Jake Mitchell & the Soul Searchers, with special guest stars Sarasota Slim and Frankie Gearing, providing you an old school rhythm & blues review!
Little Jake Mitchell is an authentic Blues child prodigy and R&B singer who works as hard today as he did in his appearances at the Apollo Theater; as hard as he did on tour as "Mr. Excitement" with R&B immortals James Brown, Jackie Wilson, Sam Cooke, and Bobby Blue Bland, or at the Pensacola Blues Festival, when B. B. King encouraged him to stay in show business.
Little Jake Mitchell & the Soul Searchers is what you get when you combine Jake with The Silver-Sonic Horns and a powerful rhythm section. The band recalls authentic R&B stagecraft in support of a classic repertoire of soulful songs. Depending on the venue, Jake and the band treat audiences to sights and sounds seldom seen or heard since the golden age of R&B a dynamic, lead singer; a strolling horn section; a full-time emcee/announcer, Kenny "The Conductor" Eunice; and one of the funkiest rhythm sections around. The band's roots are deep, featuring sidemen who worked with Ike and Tina Turner, Billy Joe Royal, Ernie K Doe, Hues Corporation, and other R&B and rock pioneers.
The Silver-Sonic Horns were originally organized as The Blacklash Horns by Charlie Blade, and they trace their heritage back to 1969 when initially formed as the horn section for one of Florida's R&B pioneer bands, Weston Prim & Blacklash.
Little Jake Mitchell is one of Florida's great native-son ambassadors in rhythm and blues music. Little Jake & The Soul Searchers deliver authentic style and classic repertoire at every performance.
Sarasota Slim has been part of the Tampa Bay Blues scene for decades. In the 1980s, Slim was a bandmate of Lucky Peterson, and he’s still a regular at regional Blues festivals. His breed of the blues is highly influenced by classic R&B and soul, with some boogie-woogie thrown in for good measure.Frankie Gearing, who (along with Mitchell) is featured in John Capouya’s book, Florida Soul, sang with The Laddins, The Steinways and The Glories. Gearing’s best-known work came in the 1970s as a member of another female trio, Quiet Elegance, named and managed by two of Motown’s Temptations. They recorded for Hi Records—Al Green’s label—and produced by legendary Willie Mitchell. Frankie’s biggest chart-making hit there was “You Got My Mind Messed Up.” Gearing and Quiet Elegance also toured internationally with Al Green and O.V. Wright.
• 18 or over, unless accompanied by parent or legal guardian.
• NO SMOKING inside the venue.
• Smoking allowed outside in the Beer Garden!
• $3 under 21 fee charged at the door.
• All ticket sales are Non-Refundable unless the show is cancelled.
COVID SAFETY GUIDELINES
• Temperature checks at the door. 99.4 is our limit. Those who exceed the max temp will be given a credit to a future show.
• Capacity will be limited to about 20%, fully seated and distanced in a checkerboard pattern with groups of 2, 3, and 4 seats. Single attendees sit on the bleachers.
• Masks will be required inside at ALL TIMES. You may only remove them if you are seated outside in the Beer Garden
• Drinking and eating will only be allowed OUTSIDE in the Beer Garden so there is absolutely no reason to remove your mask inside! The show will be viewable from outside via TV and stereo relay.
• Standing / dancing will be permitted inside but only if standing directly in front of your seat or going to the bathroom. No roaming except for bathroom.
• Online only advance ticket sales are highly preferred to minimize contact. Contactless or cash purchase at the door while supplies last.
• An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By entering High Dive, patrons voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Thank you for supporting our efforts to be safe and creative in order to bring your the best entertainment Gainesville has to offer.
Little Jake & the Soul Searchers Revue