Frankie Rose, Enumclaw
Paper Tiger , Small Room
San Antonio, TX
Doors: 7:00PM | Show: 8:00PM
Last year, astronomers revealed the first-ever photograph of a black hole. The image resembled an eye with an ominous dark center surrounded by a lopsided ring of red. The strength of a black hole is so overpowering that nothing—not even light—can escape it.
When the black hole photograph was published on the front page of The New York Times, NOTHING founder Domenic Palermo bought a copy at a newsstand, framed it, and hung it above the desk where he writes. The image of a black hole might be menacing to some, but for Palermo, it fits perfectly in line with the themes he draws from. A swirling void ready to destroy anything in its path seemed like a perfect metaphor for humanity itself. One day, sitting at his desk, Palermo had an idea for a new album, and he wrote down a single line: “Existence hurts existence.”
The Great Dismal, NOTHING’s new full-length album explores existentialist themes of isolation, extinction, and human behavior in the face of 2020’s vast wasteland. Closing in on the band’s ten-year mark, Palermo finds himself stringing together songs of misanthropic tales of Philadelphia with a refined and refreshed take on NOTHING’s classic sound. “The Great Dismal refers to a swamp, a brilliant natural trap where survival is custom fit to its inhabitants,” Palermo states. “The nature of its beautiful, but taxing environment and harsh conditions can’t ever really be shaken or forgotten too easily.”
RESOUND PRESENTS OFFICIAL COVID-19 POLICY:
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result will be required to attend all Resound shows. The negative test result must be obtained within 72 hours (3 days) of the event.
- Patrons who are fully vaccinated may show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination instead of proof of negative test. A person is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after the second shot of Pfizer / Moderna or single shot of J&J.
- We are also requiring masks to be worn indoors at all venues, and when not eating or drinking.
Please note that vaccination is not required to attend Resoundshows. Upon entry to the venue for each show you are required to present:
• A negative COVID-19 PCR test result obtained within 72 hours (3 days) of the event
• Your vaccine card
• A clear and legible photocopy of your vaccine card
• Photo of your vaccine card on your phone
• A digital vaccine passport or record
We also ask that you not attend any event if any of the following is true for you or anyone in your party:
- Within 14 days before attending the event you have tested positive, or been exposed to someone who has tested positive for, COVID-19;
- Within 48 hours prior to attending the event, you have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., a fever of 100.4F or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking muscle pain/achiness, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Within 14 days prior to attending the event, you have travelled to any international territory identified by federal or applicable state or local governments as being subject to travel or quarantine advisories due to COVID-19.
If you have questions about the COVID-19 vaccines or need resources to find a vaccination location near you, please visit www.vaccinefinder.org.