MÚSICA PARA EL MAR ✦ MUSIC FOR THE SEA
Pinacate Hiking Adventure
Puerto Peñasco, Sonora
Sunday October 2, 2022
Ages: 6-50 years old
PINACATE HIKING ADVENTURE
[Meet at CEDO]
Let the breathtaking Great Desert of Altar's sea of sand transport you to an ecosystem like no other in the entire northern hemisphere; the sand dunes of El Pinacate y Gran Desierto de Altar Biosphere Reserve. Discover the majestic panoramic views where you will be able to fully visualize the Pinacate volcanic shield, the Sierra Blanca and Sea of Cortes.
Difficulty Level is Intermediate, Event to last approximately 6-7 hours.
- Meet at CEDO Field Station for registry
- Drive to and begin tour in El Pinacate y Gran Desierto de Altar Biosphere Reserve Shuk Toak Museum
- Excursion and lecture about sand dune formation, biology, & ecology
- Nature photography and appreciation
- Sand dune landscape and explanation
- Lunch Break
- Return to CEDO Field Station
- Bilingual Naturalist Guide
- Shuk Toak Museum experience
- Desert species guide
- Traveler's insurance
- Wind proof clothing
- Trekking Boots
- No Pets
- No shell and/or other species extraction
- Available to ages 6-50.
More information available at www.musicforthesea.mx
For more information on CEDO and it's mission, visit https://www.cedo.org/.