*SURPRISE* We just released a few more seats. Reserve yours today!
Disco Dining Club X Tom of Finland Foundation Present:
PLEASURE PARK, EXPOSED
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN MOVED FROM 20th - 21st AUGUST 2021
Choose Your Feast: Friday October 15th or Saturday October 16th, 8pm (each evening has the same programming)
50 diners an evening
Dress code of "summer leather and gingham latex" strictly enforced
Welcome to Pleasure Park, Exposed, a two-night dinner event that explores Queer history, deviance and rampant *feasting* through the lens of cruising. Pleasure Park, Exposed welcomes hedonists back to TOM House, which has been closed since early 2020.
Come dine within a food and drink spectacle ripped from the pages of Tom of Finland’s iconic drawings, most notably Kake 20: Pleasure Park, published in 1980 in Los Angeles by Tom of Finland Company. Considered a seminal comic by Tom of Finland, Pleasure Park is now a location on site at TOM House, and has served as inspiration for erotic artists including Rinaldo Holf and Matt Lambert.
Unabashedly provocative, Pleasure Park, Exposed invites diners to a wild feast at TOM House that seamlessly marries the world of art, food, drink, and music for an awe inspiring, once-in-a lifetime experience. Arrive hungry, leave completely and utterly satiated.
YOUR ALL-INCLUSIVE SEAT INCLUDES:
- A 5-course meal from Laurent Quenioux @lqfoodings
- Paired, thematic libations by Sunset Boulevardier @sunsetboulevardier featuring El Silencio Mezcal, Dahlia Tequila, Tom of Finland Vodka, Sweet Gwendolyn French Gin, Ghia, Bomani Cold Buzz and The Long Drink
- Cocaine Decor curated lounge featuring sweet treats from Sonder - highest est. quality cannabis
- Table wine from Tom of Finland Wine
- Music from disco selectors Heidi Lawden (Friday) and Aiden Ramos (Saturday)
- Musical performances and eccentric theatrics staged within a fully immersive environment
- Kink-driven moments and tutorials
- All set within the iconic gardens of TOM House in Echo Park
- Sound system graciously provided by our friends at Dublab
A Little About Disco Dining Club
Disco Dining Club is a thematic food and drink event that revels in all the excess, debauchery and hedonism of disco. It is the belief of Disco Dining Club that there were moments of decadence throughout history that led to the ultimate decadence: disco. Whether a historical era, an artistic movement, or an iconic piece of culture, Disco Dining Club recreates these colorful moments through the lens of a theatrical dinner party. At Disco Dining Club, we ask but one thing of our guests: To consume everything.
"Disco Dining Club invites me in with open arms to a familiar kind of weird I’m ready to lose myself in." - Playboy
"It has the heart of an after-hours club but revels in the gilded decadence most below-radar nightlife is out to destroy." - LA Times
A Little About Tom of Finland Foundation
Tom of Finland Foundation has been dedicated to protecting, preserving and promoting the erotic arts for three and a half decades. In 1978, Tom of Finland made his first trip to Los Angeles, where he established Tom of Finland Company with his partner, muse and close friend Durk Dehner. The company was able to initiate the founding of Tom of Finland Foundation (ToFF), a nonprofit which to this day retains headquarters in a historically registered Echo Park Craftsman house. TOM House continues to be an important community hub, archive, and home. As Tom had established worldwide recognition as the master of homo-erotic art, the Foundation’s original purpose was to preserve his vast catalog of work. Several years later, the scope was widened to offer a safe haven for all erotic art, rescued from prejudical ruin by family or society.
Until August, please continue to consume. Everything.
Now, for some (slightly boring) details...
- Must be 21+ to attend
- Please note that this event will take place outdoors on uneven terrain. Although we require outlandish attire, please be conscientious of wearing shoes that too high or too sharp.
- Note that this event will feature performative depictions of nudity and sex
- We unfortunately cannot accommodate dietary restrictions
- Please consider making an additional donation to Tom of Finland Foundation
- Parking is limited and the booze will be flowing, so please Uber/Lyft
- COVID vaccinations are required for entry
- Those wearing offensive or harmful mottos or images will not be allowed access to the event (and will not be refunded)
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL