MÚSICA PARA EL MAR ✦ MUSIC FOR THE SEA
SAN JORGE ISLAND
Snorkel with Sea Lions at Bird Island
Puerto Peñasco, Sonora
Sunday October 2, 2022
SAN JORGE ISLAND:
Snorkel with Sea Lions at Bird Island!
[Meet at CEDO]
Travel through the Upper Gulf of California on a boat to Isla San Jorge, or "Bird Island;" a naturally protected area under Mexican Federal Government and home to a gargantuan sea lion colony where you'll get the chance to snorkel or scuba dive to better appreciate it's rich biodiversity.
Difficulty Level is Low, Event to last approximately 8 hours.
- Meet at the CEDO Field Station for registry.
- Drive to a local rocky intertidal reef (does not include land travel).
- Excursion and lecture about tidepool formation, biology and ecology.
- Rock lifting in search of marine invertebrates and lecture on adaptations.
- Thorough examination of species.
- Return to the CEDO Field Station.
- Bilingual Naturalist Guide.
- Upper Gulf of California Island lecture.
- Seabird Identification Guides.
- Traveler's Insurance.
- Waterproof shoes boots
- Comfortable Clothes.
- Bathingsuit Wetsuit [during winter]
- Swimming experience.
- No Pets
- No shell and/or other species extraction
- No walking on Bird Island
More information available at www.musicforthesea.mx
For more information on CEDO and it's mission, visit https://www.cedo.org/.